Delivery Driver - Medical Equipment
Hart Medical Equipment provides a full range of home care products and support services based on individual needs. We strive to conduct our patient care operation with the highest standards. We are a nationally accredited, premier provider of home medical equipment and supplies. EOE
Status: Full Time
Location: Southfield, MI
Hours: Wednesday - Sunday 2:00 pm-10:30 pm ( 5 8 hour shifts) or Mon- Fri 9 am -5:30pm
** Must be available Monday – Friday 8:30am-5:00pm during training period**
SUMMARY: Delivers, assesses, educates, and documents plan of service to ensure the safe and appropriate use of Medical equipment by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: Includes the following and other duties that may be assigned by management.
· Provide exceptional customer service to our internal and external customers.
· Contacts patients and provides delivery windows
· Provides delivery, pick up and maintenance of various types of home medical equipment and medical supplies.
· Evaluates home and caregivers to ensure safe and appropriate environment for equipment
· Instructs customer and/or family in the proper and safe use of equipment and/or supplies.
· May collect money from customers for private pay charges as directed.
· Cleans and test equipment according to company policy and manufacturers’ specifications.
· Clean, organize and maintain delivery vehicle according to company policy.
· Accepts on-call service rotation as required by the company.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be in good physical condition. Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger functions, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 70 pounds and occasionally lift and / or move up to 100 lbs. Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. Driving during inclement weather in all seasons.
REQUIRED LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
· Clean Driving Record
· Valid Chauffer’s License (FT & PT)
· Current DOT Medical Examiners Certificate or ability to obtain a DOT Medical Examiners Certificate ( FT & PT)
OTHER SKILLS: Strong verbal and written communication skills. High level of prioritization skills and appropriate sense of urgency to fulfil services. Ability to read and write and perform basic mathematical calculations. Exceptional customer service skills.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
PPE is provided for our employees. Currently paying an additional per stop and on call fees due to COVID.
By submitting an application, you are agreeing to the terms of Hart's Application Acknowledgement and Agreement found at https://hartmedical.org/application-agreement.
IRB Medical Equipment LLC, dba Hart Medical Equipment, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship age, disability genetic information, height, weight, marital or veteran status or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of applicable federal state and local laws. Hart Medical Equipment also provides reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable law.